Place:


Minwear  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Minwear like this:

MINWERE, a parish in Narberth district, Pembroke; on the East Cleddan river, 4½ miles WSW of Narberth, and 5 S of Clarbeston-Road r. station. Post town, Narberth. Acres, 1,957. Real property, £1,035. Pop., 99. Houses, 16. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Slebech, in the diocese of St. David,s.

Minwear through time

Minwear is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Minwear itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Minwear in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8230

Date accessed: 14th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Minwear".