Place:


Sulby  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sulby like this:

SULBY, an extra-parochial tract in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; 6 miles SW of Market-Harborough. Acres, 700. Real property, £2,940. Pop., 87. Houses, 14. S. Hall is the seat of the Hon. F. W.Villiers. A Premonstratensian abbey was founded here in 1155: and was given, at the dissolution, to the Hattons.

Sulby through time

Sulby is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sulby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sulby, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8189

Date accessed: 04th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sulby ".