Place:


Sibbertoft  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sibbertoft like this:

SIBBERTOFT, a parish, with a village, in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; 2¼ miles SE of Theddingworth r. station, and 4¾ SW of Market-Harborough. Post town, Theddingworth, under Rugby. Acres, 2,048. Real property, £3,994. Pop., 394. Houses, 108. The manor belongs to Sir J. Langham, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400.* Patron, the Bishop of P. The church is ancient. There are a Methodist chapel and a national school.

Sibbertoft through time

Sibbertoft is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sibbertoft itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sibbertoft, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8155

Date accessed: 23rd April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sibbertoft".