Place:


Scaldwell  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Scaldwell like this:

SCALDWELL, a parish, with a village, in Brixworth district, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 2½ miles N E of Brixworth r. station. It has a postal pillar-box under Northampton. Acres, 1,060. Real property, £2, 902. Pop., 396. Houses, 95. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £300.* Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is good. There are an Independent chapel, an endowed national school with £22 a year, and charities £43.

Scaldwell through time

Scaldwell is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Scaldwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Scaldwell, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8153

Date accessed: 17th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Scaldwell ".