Place:


Preston Deanery  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Preston Deanery like this:

PRESTON-DEANERY, a parish in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire; on an affluent of the river Nen, 3½ miles S E of Northampton r. station. Post-town, Northampton. Acres, 1, 470. Real property, £2, 508. Pop., 80. Houses, 14. The property is chiefly dividedbetween two. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £173. Patron, P. L. Christie, Esq. The church is old.

Preston Deanery through time

Preston Deanery is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Preston Deanery itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Preston Deanery in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8130

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Preston Deanery ".