Place:


Plumpton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Plumpton like this:

PLUMPTON, a parish in Towcester district, Northampton; 6½ miles W of Towcester, and 7½ S W by S of Weedon r. station. Post-town, Towcester. Acres, 1,800. Real property, £1, 145. Pop., 42. Houses, 12. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £100.* Patron, Jesus College, Oxford ' The church is good, and has a pinnacled tower.

Plumpton through time

Plumpton is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Plumpton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Plumpton in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8123

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Plumpton".