Place:


Milton Malsor  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milton Malsor like this:

MILTON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire. The village stands near the Northampton canal, 1 mile NE of Blisworth-Junction r. station, and 3½ SSW of Northampton; is sometimes called Middleton-Malzor; and has a postoffice, of the name of Milton, under Northampton. ...


The Parish comprises 1,190 acres. Real property, £3,763. Pop., 668. Houses, 144. The manor belongs to J. Blake, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Valne, £340. * Patron, the Rev. T. A. Kershaw The church is good, and has a spire. There are a Baptist chapels and charities £52. &md. The Subdistrict contains also five other parishes. Acres, 7,930. Pop., 2,857. Houses, 621.

Milton Malsor through time

Milton Malsor is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milton Malsor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milton Malsor in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8082

Date accessed: 19th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milton Malsor ".