Place:


Maidford  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Maidford like this:

MAIDFORD, a parish, with a village, in Towcester district, Northampton; 5 miles SSW of Weedon r. station, and 6 NW by W of Towcester. Post town, Towcesster. Acres, 1,930. Real property, £2,138; of which £15 are in quarries. Pop., 344. Houses, 81. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. Grant, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £300. * Patron, W. Grant, Esq. The church is early English, in good condition; and consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower. Charities, £21.

Maidford through time

Maidford is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Maidford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Maidford in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8070

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Maidford".