Place:


Loddington  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Loddington like this:

LODDINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Kettering district, Northampton; 4 miles W of Kettering r. station. Post town, Kettering. Acres, 1,224. Real property, £2,892. Pop., 289. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the De Bands; passed to the Kinnesmans, the Syerses, and the Allicockes; and belongs now to Lord Overstone. ...


The Hall, or old manor-house, is a beautiful Tudor edifice. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £500.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is late early English, very much altered; comprises nave, S aisle, chancel, and S chapel; has an early English tower, surmounted by a beautiful later English spire; and was restored in 1859. A curious coarsely sculptured ancient stone lies outside of the churchyard wall. A handsome school-house was built in 1863. Charities, £22.

Loddington through time

Loddington is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Loddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Loddington, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8059

Date accessed: 25th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Loddington ".