Place:


Lamport  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lamport like this:

LAMPORT, a village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northamptonshire. The village stands near the Northampton and Market-Harborough railway, 9 miles N of Northampton; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Northampton. The parish contains also the hamlet of Hanging-Houghton. ...


Acres, 1,440. Real property, £4,704. Pop., 291. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The manor and much of the land belong to Sir Charles Isham, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £1,000.* Patron, Sir C. Isham, Bart. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There are a free school with £56 a-year, other charities with £72, and alms-houses.

Lamport through time

Lamport is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lamport itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lamport, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8048

Date accessed: 17th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lamport ".