Place:


Greatworth  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Greatworth like this:

GREATWORTH, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; 2½ miles NNE of Farthinghoe r. station, and 4½ NW by N of Brackley. Post town, Farthinghoe, under Brackley. Acres, 863. Real property, £2, 243. Pop., 157. Houses, 39. The manor beloggs to William Pulsford, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £291. * Patron, Mr. Beechey. The church consists of gave and chancel, with an embattled tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, with £22 from endowment, and charities £24.

Greatworth through time

Greatworth is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Greatworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Greatworth in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7951

Date accessed: 17th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Greatworth ".