Place:


Flore  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flore like this:

FLOORE, or Flower, a village and a parish in Daventry district, Northampton. The village stands on the river Nen, 1 mile NE of Weedon r. station, and 5½ ESE of Daventry; was known at Domesday as Flora; and has a post office under Weedon. The parish comprises 3, 390 acres. Real property, £6, 889. ...


Pop., 1, 138. Houses, 255. The property is much subdivided. Floore House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £467. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church belonged to Merton abbey, and is good. There are an Independent chapel, an endowed school, and charities £37.

Flore through time

Flore is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Flore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flore, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7934

Date accessed: 25th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Flore ".