Place:


Faxton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Faxton like this:

FAXTON, a chapelry in Lamport parish, Northampton; 2 miles E of Lamport r. station, and 4½ SSW of Rothwell. Post town, Lamport, under Northampton, Acres, with Mawsley, 2, 120. Pop., exclusive of Mawsley, 79; inclusive, 90. Houses, exc., 17; inc., 19. It was returned as a parish in 1831, and previous decades; as a chapelry belonging to Lamport, in 1841; as a chapelry or parish, inclusive of Mawsley, in 1851; and as a parish, exclusive of Mawsley, in 1861. It appears ecclesiastically not to have any status, but to be considered as part of Lamport.

Faxton through time

Faxton is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Faxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Faxton, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7930

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Faxton ".