Place:


Farthinghoe  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farthinghoe like this:

FARTHINGHOE, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; on the Buckingham and Banbury railway, 5¾ miles NW of Brackley. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Brackley. Acres, 1, 471. Real property, £3, 128. Pop., 392. Houses, 92. The property is divided among a few. Farthinghoe House is the seat of the Rush family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £434.* Patron, Alfred Rush, Esq. The church has an embattled tower., and is good. Thicknesse, the tourist, was a native.

Farthinghoe through time

Farthinghoe is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farthinghoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farthinghoe in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7928

Date accessed: 24th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farthinghoe ".