Place:


Everdon  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Everdon like this:

EVERDON, a parish in Daventry district, Northampton; on a head-stream of the river Nen, 3 miles WSW of Weedon r. station, and 4 SSE of Daventry. It consists of Great Everdon and Little Everdon; and includes the hamlet of Snorscomb. Post town, Weedon. Acres, 1, 900. Real property, £5, 485. ...


Pop., 740. Houses, 179. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged once to Bernay abbey in Normandy; and was given, in the time of Henry VI., to Eton College. Everdon Hall is the seat of the Philpots. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £465.* Patron, Eton College. The church is partly decorated English. There are an Independent chapel, and charities £71.

Everdon through time

Everdon is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Everdon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Everdon, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7918

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Everdon".