Place:


Evenley  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Evenley like this:

EVENLY, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; on the river Ouse, adjacent to Bucks, 1 mile S of Brackley r. station. It has a post office under Brack-ley. Acres, 3, 104. Real property, £4, 194. Pop., 525. Houses, 116. The property is divided among a few. Part of the land is common. Evenly Hall is the seat of the Pierreponts. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £182.* Patron, Magdalene College, Oxford. The church is ancient, cruciform, and tolerable. There is a free school.

Evenley through time

Evenley is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Evenley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Evenley in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7916

Date accessed: 29th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Evenley ".