Place:


Easton on the Hill  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easton on the Hill like this:

EASTON, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Northampton; at the verge of the county, on the river Welland, and on the Syston and Peterborough railway, 2 miles WSW of Stamford. It has a post office under Stamford. Acres, 3, 170. Real property, £3, 985. Pop., 984. Houses, 223. Easton Hall is the seat of the Shuttleworths. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £440.* Patron, the Marquis of Exeter. The church is ancient, and has a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel. A school has £82 from endowment; and other charities have £66.

Easton on the Hill through time

Easton on the Hill is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Easton on the Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easton on the Hill in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7907

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Easton on the Hill ".