Place:


Dodford  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dodford like this:

DODFORD, a parish in Daventry district, Northampton; adjacent to the Northwestern railway, 1½ mile NW of Weedon r. station, and 3 SE by E of Daventry. Post town, Weedon. Acres, 1, 180. Real property, £3, 045. Pop., 238. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, 223.* Patron, T. R. Thornton, Esq. The church has a tower, an ancient font, two ancient effigies, and two brasses; and is good. Charities, £30.

Dodford through time

Dodford is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dodford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dodford, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7896

Date accessed: 16th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dodford".