Place:


Deene  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Deene like this:

DEENE, Dene, or Dean, a village and a parish in Oundle district, Northampton. The village stands on an affluent of the river Nen, 5 miles SE by S of Seaton r. station, and 5 SW of Kingscliffe; and has a post office, of the name of Dene, under Wansford. Pop., 281. Houses, 57. The parish includes also the hamlet of Deenthorpe. ...


Acres, 3, 152. Real property, £4, 218. Pop., 540. Houses, 105. The property is divided among a few. Deene-Park is the seat of the Earl of Cardigan. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £350.* Patron, the Earl of Cardigan. The church has monuments of the Brudenells, and is good.

Deene through time

Deene is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Deene itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Deene in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7884

Date accessed: 31st May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Deene ".