Place:


Tattingstone  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tattingstone like this:

TATTINGSTONE, a parish, with a village, in Samford district, Suffolk; 1 mile ESE of Bentley r. station, and 5½ S by W of Ipswich. It has a post-office under Ipswich; and it contains Samford workhouse. Acres, 1,637. Real property, £2,834. Pop., 626. Houses, 98. The manor, with T. Place, belongs to Sir T. B. Western, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £460.* Patron,Elliott, Esq. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Tattingstone through time

Tattingstone is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tattingstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tattingstone, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7781

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tattingstone ".