Place:


Cosgrove  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cosgrove like this:

COSGROVE, a village and a parish in Potterspury district, Northampton. The village stands near the Bucks boundary, Watling-street, the Buckingham and Grand Junction canals, and the confluence of-the Tove and Ouse rivers, 1½ mile N of Stony Stratford, and 1¾ NW of Wolverton r. station; and has a post office under Stony Stratford. ...


The parish includes also part of the hamlets of Old Stratford and Puxley. Acres, 1, 760. Real property, £5, 323. Pop., 776. Houses, 143. The property is divided among a few. Cosgrove House is the seat of Mrs. H. Mansel. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £363.* Patron, Mrs. H. Mansel. The church is old but good.

Cosgrove through time

Cosgrove is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cosgrove itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cosgrove in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7670

Date accessed: 27th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cosgrove ".