Place:


Collyweston  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Collyweston like this:

COLLEY-WESTON, a parish in the district of Stamford, and county of Northampton; on the river Welland, at the boundary with Rutland, 1 mile SSE of Ketton r. station, and 3 ½ SW of Stamford. Post town, Duddington, under Stamford. Acres, 1, 690. Real property, £3, 297. Pop., 473. Houses, 104. The property is divided among a few. Slate is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £252.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is of the 14th century, and good.

Collyweston through time

Collyweston is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Collyweston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Collyweston in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7668

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Collyweston ".