Place:


Bulwick  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bulwick like this:

BULWICK, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 4½ miles ESE of Seaton r. station, and 7 NW by W of Oundle. It has a post office under Wansford. Acres, inclusive of Bulwick-Short-Leys, 1,910. Real property, £3,241. Pop., 393. Houses, 76. The property is divided among a few. Bulwick Hall is the seat of Tho. Tryon, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £466.* Patron, T. Tryon, Esq. The church is decorated and later English, and has an elegant tower and spire. Charities, £35.

Bulwick through time

Bulwick is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bulwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bulwick in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7640

Date accessed: 16th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bulwick ".