Place:


Brafield on the Green  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brafield on the Green like this:

BRAFIELD, a parish and a subdistrict in Hardingstone district, Northampton. The parish is called also Brafield-on-the-Green; and lies 1 ½ mile S by E of Billing Road r. station, and 5 E by S of Northampton. Post Town, Little Houghton, under Northampton. Acres, 1,980. Real property, £2,442. ...


Pop., 494. Houses, 108. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Little Houghton, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church was restored in 1858. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and charities £16.-The subdistrict contains seven parishes. Pop., 3,414.

Brafield on the Green through time

Brafield on the Green is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brafield on the Green itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brafield on the Green in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7612

Date accessed: 30th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brafield on the Green ".