Place:


Poslingford  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Poslingford like this:

POSLINGFORD, a parish, with a village, in Risbridge district, Suffolk; 2 miles N of Clare, and 6½ E by N of Haverhill r. station. Post-town, Clare, under Sudbury. Acres, 2, 438. Real property, £3,052. Pop., 350. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to S. Ware, Esq. Remains of Chipley abbey are here, and have been converted into a farm-house. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £100.* Patron, T. H. Elwes, Esq. The church was restored in 1852. Charities, £20.

Poslingford through time

Poslingford is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Poslingford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Poslingford, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7604

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Poslingford ".