Place:


Blatherwycke  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blatherwycke like this:

BLATHERWICK, or Blatherwycke, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 5 miles ESE of Seaton r. station, and 6 NW by N of Oundle. It comprises the ancient parishes of Holy Trinity and St. Mary Magdalene, united in 1448; and has a post office under Wansford. Acres, 1,975. ...


Real property, £2,141. Pop., 189. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. Blatherwick Hall is the seat of S. O'Brien, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £394.* Patron, S. O'Brien, Esq. The church has a brass of Sir H. Stafford, of 1548; and is good.

Blatherwycke through time

Blatherwycke is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blatherwycke itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blatherwycke in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7580

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blatherwycke ".