Place:


Maplebeck  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Maplebeck like this:

MAPLEBECK, a parish in Southwell district, Notts; on an affluent of the river Trent, 4½ miles N by E of Southwell r. station. Post town, Newark-Acres, 1,136. Real property, £1,731. Pop., 136. Houses, 27. The property is divided among three. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £68. Patron, the Rev. W. P. Turton. The church is old; and consists of nave and chancel, with tower and low spire. Charities, £3.

Maplebeck through time

Maplebeck is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Maplebeck itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Maplebeck, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7553

Date accessed: 21st June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Maplebeck ".