Place:


Hockerton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hockerton like this:

HOCKERTON, a parish in Southwell district, Notts; on an affluent of the river Trent, 2 miles NNE of Southwell r. station. Post town, Southwell. Acres, 1, 373. Real property, £1, 582. Pop., 108. Houses, 21. The property all belongs to Mrs. Whetham. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £230. * Patron, Mrs. Whetham. The church is old and tolerable; and consists of nave and chancel, with a tower.

Hockerton through time

Hockerton is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hockerton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hockerton, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7453

Date accessed: 21st June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hockerton ".