Place:


Halam  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Halam like this:

HALAM, a parish, with a village, in Southwell district, Notts; 1½ mile NW of Southwell r. station. Posttown, Southwell. Acres, 1, 310. Real property, £2, 949. Pop., 382. Houses, 93. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Archbishop of York. There are several acres of orchard. The living is a vicarge in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £102.* Patron, the Chapter of Southwell. The church consists of nave and chancel, with low square tower; and was recently in bad condition. Charities, £8.

Halam through time

Halam is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Halam itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Halam, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7432

Date accessed: 21st June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Halam ".