Place:


Kettleburgh  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kettleburgh like this:

KETTLEBURGH, a parish, with a village, in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; near the river Deben and the Framlingham railway, 2½ miles SW by S of Framlingham. Post town, Wickham-Market. Acres, 1, 435. Real property, £2, 699. Pop., 359. Houses, 49. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Duke of Hamilton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £405. * Patron, the Rev. G. T. Turner. The church consists of nave, chancel, and S porch, with a tower. Charities, £22.

Kettleburgh through time

Kettleburgh is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kettleburgh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kettleburgh in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7415

Date accessed: 24th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kettleburgh ".