Place:


Edwalton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edwalton like this:

EDWALTON, a parish in Bingham district, Notts; near the Grantham canal, 3½ miles SSE of Nottingham. Post town, Plumtree, under Nottingham. Acres, 813. Real property, £1, 929. Pop., 115. Houses, 25. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £97. Patron, J.Musters, Esq. The church is good.

Edwalton through time

Edwalton is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edwalton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edwalton, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7372

Date accessed: 21st May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edwalton ".