Place:


Henley  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Henley like this:

HENLEY, a village and a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk. The village stands near an affluent of the river Deben, 2¾ miles ENE of Claydon r. station, and 4½ N of Ipswich; and has a post office under Ipswich. The parish comprises 1, 232 acres. Real property, £2, 438. Pop., 293. ...


Houses, 65. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. M. Theobald. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £95. * Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Norwich. The church is ancient and tolerable, with a tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and charities £6.

Henley through time

Henley is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Henley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Henley in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7277

Date accessed: 25th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Henley ".