Place:


Hemingstone  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hemingstone like this:

HEMINGSTONE, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 3 miles NE of Claydon r. station, and 6½ N by W of Ipswich. Post town, Claydon, under Ipswich. Acres, 1, 444. Real property, £2, 842. Pop., 395. Houses, 80. The property is much subdivided. Hemingstone Hall is a brick Tudor edifice of 1558. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £381.* Patron, Sir W. F. Middleton, Bart. The church is ancient and tolerable.

Hemingstone through time

Hemingstone is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hemingstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hemingstone in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7270

Date accessed: 25th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hemingstone ".