Place:


Grundisburgh  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grundisburgh like this:

GRUNDISBURGH, a village and a parish in Woodbridge district, Suffolk. The village stands 3 miles NW by W of Woodbridge town and r. station; and has a postoffice under Woodbridge. The parish comprises 1,897 acres. Real property, £4, 605. Pop., 836. house, 201. The property is much subdivided. ...


Grundisburgh Hall is a chief residence. There are extensive sand pIts. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £540. * Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church was built about the middle of the 13th century, and repaired in 1841; and has a fine steeple. A town estate yields £35; and other charities £16.

Grundisburgh through time

Grundisburgh is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grundisburgh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grundisburgh in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7240

Date accessed: 23rd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grundisburgh ".