Place:


Catworth  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Catworth like this:

CATWORTH (Great), a parish in St. Neots district, Huntingdon; 3¾ miles N by W of Kimbolton r. station, and 7 ESE of Thrapston. It has a post office, of the name of Catworth, under Thrapston. Acres, £2,090. Real property, £2,816. Pop., 640. Houses, 143. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £337.* Patron, Brasenose College, Oxford. The church is early and later English. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £32. Lord Mayor Dixie was a native.

Catworth through time

Catworth is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Catworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Catworth in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7165

Date accessed: 26th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Catworth ".