Place:


Burstall  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burstall like this:

BURSTALL, a parish in Samford district, Suffolk; on an affluent of the river Orwell, 2¾ miles WSW of Bramford r. station, and 4¾ W of Ipswich. Post Town, Bramford, under Ipswich. Acres, 766. Real property, £1,414. Pop., 222. Houses, 49. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bramford, in the diocese of Norwich.

Burstall through time

Burstall is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burstall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burstall, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7073

Date accessed: 25th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burstall ".