Place:


Bramford  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bramford like this:

BRAMFORD, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; on the river Gipping, and on the Eastern Union railway, 2¼ miles NW of Ipswich. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Ipswich. Acres, 3,2.26. Real property, £6,735. Pop., 1,019. Houses, 216. There are a paper mill, chalk pits, and extensive manure and cement works. ...


The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Burstall, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £79.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury. The church was restored in 1866. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £25.

Bramford through time

Bramford is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bramford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bramford in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7055

Date accessed: 25th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bramford ".