Place:


Baylham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baylham like this:

BAYLHAM, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; on the river Gipping and the Eastern Union railway, 1 mile NNW of Claydon station, and 7 NW by W of Ipswich. Post Town Claydon, under Ipswich. Acres, 1,332. Real property, £2,276. Pop., 327. Houses, 65. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £256. Patron, W. Downes, Esq. The church is old but good.

Baylham through time

Baylham is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Baylham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baylham in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7023

Date accessed: 04th July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Baylham ".