Place:


Barham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barham like this:

BARHAM, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; on the river Gipping, 1½ mile NE of Claydon r. station, and 5 N of Ipswich. Post Town, Claydon, under Ipswich. Acres, 1,806. Real property, £3,281. Pop., 568. Houses, 90. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £342.* Patron, F. W. Schreiber, Esq. The church is good. The workhouse for Bosmere district is here.

Barham through time

Barham is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barham in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7011

Date accessed: 04th July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barham ".