Place:


Michaelston super Ely  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Michaelston super Ely like this:

MICHAELSTONE-SUPER-ELY, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the river Ely, and on the South Wales railway, near St. Fagans r. station, 5 miles W of Cardiff. Post town, Cardiff. Acres, 299. Real property, £433. Pop., 49. Houses, 8. The property is divided among a few. Traces exist of a Norman castle. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of St. Bridesuper-Ely, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church has been recently restored.

Michaelston super Ely through time

Michaelston super Ely is now part of Cardiff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cardiff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Michaelston super Ely itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Michaelston super Ely, in Cardiff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6809

Date accessed: 08th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Michaelston super Ely ".