Place:


West Hanningfield  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Hanningfield like this:

HANNINGFIELD (WEST), a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; 5½ miles E of Ingatestone r. station, and 6 SSE of Chelmsford. Post town, Stock, under Ingatestone. Acres, 2, 818. Real property, £4, 346. Pop., 527. Houses, 115. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Petre. ...


The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of South Hanningfield, in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £934.* Patron, the Rev. W. Kemble. The church is later English, in good condition; has an octangular tower, with a wooden spire; and contains some tombs and brasses of the 14th century. There are a national school, and charities £31.

West Hanningfield through time

West Hanningfield is now part of Chelmsford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chelmsford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Hanningfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Hanningfield, in Chelmsford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6742

Date accessed: 28th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Hanningfield ".