Place:


South Hanningfield  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Hanningfield like this:

HANNINGFIELD (South), a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; 3¼ miles N of Wickford, and 7 S by E of Chelmsford r. station. Post town, Stock, under Ingatestone. Acres, 1, 526. Real property, £2, 050. Pop., 235. Houses, 51. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Petre. The living is a rectory annexed to the rectory of West Hanningfield, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is good.

South Hanningfield through time

South Hanningfield is now part of Chelmsford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chelmsford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Hanningfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Hanningfield, in Chelmsford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6741

Date accessed: 01st December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Hanningfield ".