Place:


Llan Y Crwys  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llan Y Crwys like this:

LLANYCRWYS, a parish in the district of Lampeter and county of Carmarthen; on the river Cothi and the Sarn Helen way, under Craig-Twrch, at the boundary with Cardigan, 4 miles E by S of Lampeter r. station. It contains the hamlets of Fforest and Mynachty; and its Post town is Lampeter, under Carmarthen. Acres, 3,379. Real property, £785. Pop., 524. Houses, 113. The surface is hilly. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £60. Patron, J. Jones, Esq. The church is good; and there is an Independent chapel.

Llan Y Crwys through time

Llan Y Crwys is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llan Y Crwys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llan Y Crwys in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6664

Date accessed: 28th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llan Y Crwys ".