Place:


Llan Rhos  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llan Rhos like this:

EGLWYS-RHOS, a parish in Conway district, Carnarvon; on the Llandudno railway, within the Ormes-Head peninsula, 2¼ miles NNE of Conway. Post town, Conway. Acres, 3, 735; of which 630 are water. Rated property, £2, 856. Pop., 832. Houses, 172. The property is divided among a few. Diganwy Castle here was an ancient seat of the Welsh princes. ...


Lead and copper ores occur. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £167. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church stands in a beautiful situation; is ancient, cruciform, and good; and contains monuments of the Mostyns. Charities, £22.

Llan Rhos through time

Llan Rhos is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llan Rhos itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llan Rhos, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6605

Date accessed: 22nd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llan Rhos".