Place:


Llangybi  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangybi like this:

LLANGYBI, a parish in Lampeter district, Cardigan; 4 miles NE by N of Lampeter r. station. It has a postoffice under Carmarthen. Acres, 1,809. Real property, £807. Pop., 292. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. An ancient camp is at CastellGoedtref. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £60. Patron, alternately the Earl of Lisburne and Lord Carrington. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, and two Calvinistic Methodist chapels.

Llangybi through time

Llangybi is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangybi itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangybi, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6441

Date accessed: 07th July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangybi ".