Place:


Hawridge  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hawridge like this:

HAWRIDGE, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; adjacent to Herts, 3¼ miles N of Chesham, and 4 WSW of Berkhampstead r. station, Post-town, Cholesbury, under Tring. Acres, 696. Real property, £1,006. Pop., 276. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. The old manor-house is moated. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £150.*Patron, the Rev. H. Du Cane. The church is good, and has an old circular font.

Hawridge through time

Hawridge is now part of Chiltern district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chiltern has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hawridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hawridge, in Chiltern and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6220

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hawridge ".