Place:


Cranwich  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cranwich like this:

CRANWICH, or Cranwick, a parish in Thetford district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 3 miles E of Methwold, and 6 N of Brandon r. station. Post town, Methwold, under Brandon. Acres, 1,824. Real property, £676. Pop., 88. Houses, 15. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £450.* Patron, H. S. Partridge, Esq. The church is a flint edifice with a round tower.

Cranwich through time

Cranwich is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cranwich itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cranwich, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6191

Date accessed: 18th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cranwich ".