Place:


Great Fransham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Fransham like this:

FRANSHAM, or Frensham, or Great Fransham, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; on the East Anglian railway, 6¼ miles NE by E of Swaffham. It has a station of the name of Fransham, on the railway, and a post office, of the name of Great Fransham, under Thetford. Acres, 1, 901. Real property, £3, 619. Pop., 295. Houses, 66. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £504.* Patron, Magdalene College, Cambridge. The church is ancient, and has several brasses. There is a fuel allotment, worth £14 a year.

Great Fransham through time

Great Fransham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Fransham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Fransham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6168

Date accessed: 27th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Fransham ".