Place:


Aldborough  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aldborough like this:

ALDBOROUGH, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; on the river Bure, 4¾ miles N by W of Aylsham, and 7 NW of N. Walsham r. station. It has a post office under Norwich. Acres, 788. Real property, £2,051. Pop., 305. Houses, 79. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £173.* Patron, Lord Suffield. The church was restored in 1849. There is a P. Methodist chapel.

Aldborough through time

Aldborough is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aldborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aldborough in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6062

Date accessed: 14th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aldborough ".