Place:


Boarhunt  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boarhunt like this:

BOARHUNT, a parish in Fareham district, Hants; on the N slope of Portsdown Hill, 2 miles NE of Fareham r. station. Post Town, Fareham. Acres, 1,938. Real property, £1,536. Pop., 267. Houses, 51. Portsdown Hill has an altitude of 447 feet; commands brilliant views; and is crowned by an obelisk to the memory of Lord Nelson. The living is a donative, with Southwick, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, not reported. Patron, T. Thystlethwaite, Esq. The church is transition Norman, or possibly Saxon; but has been restored.

Boarhunt through time

Boarhunt is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boarhunt itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boarhunt, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6011

Date accessed: 21st October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boarhunt ".